Top 10 facts about Chemeketa’s Library
10. You can search all formats in a combined catalog with 37 other academic libraries at http://librarysearch.chemeketa.edu
9. Bring your Student ID card with you when visiting the library. This is how you check out books, access computers in the Student Computer Center, etc.
8. Many textbooks and other class materials are on reserve for students to check out for two-hour use in the library. All you need is a course number and the instructor’s name.
7. Netbooks can be checked out for 3 days. More than 40 netbooks are available and are equipped with wireless internet and basic Microsoft Office programs.
6. Reference librarians are available to assist students who are searching for information on research topics. Unable to come to the library? Chat research assistance also is available at http://library.chemeketa.edu/services/reference.php 7 days a week, 24 hours a day.
5. The library has more than 100 computers for student use in the Student Computer Center. Instructional assistants are available to help with computers and specific programs when needed. Wireless printing, photocopying, scanning, and faxing also are available.
4. Access to your library account is available online.
3. Individual and group study rooms are available. You can sign up to reserve a spot up to one week in advance.
2. You can request materials from the public library catalog and have them sent to Chemeketa’s libraries. You will need to obtain a card at your CCRLS public library for this; just take proof of registration and picture ID.
1. A library at the Yamhill Valley campus provides all of the same services. You also can check out iPads, sporting equipment, and games.
The Salem Campus Library is located on the second floor of Bldg. 9 and offers extended and weekend hours. The library is open from 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.