Quick Hits 14 May 2014
Top Ten facts about the library
1. Bring your Student ID card with you when visiting the library. This is how you check out books, access computers in the Student Computer Center, etc.
2. Check out the textbooks on reserve. We have many class textbooks and materials on reserve that students can check out for free for two-hour use in the library. All you need is the course number and the instructor’s name.
3. Netbooks can be checked out for 3 days for free. More than 40 netbooks are available for checkout and are equipped with wireless internet and basic Microsoft Office programs.
4. Reference librarians are available to assist students who are searching for information on research topics. Unable to come to the library? Chat research assistance is available at http://library.chemeketa.edu/services/reference.php for free, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
5. We have more than 100 computers in the Student Computer Center. Instructional assistants are available to help when needed. Wireless printing also is available, as is photocopying, scanning, and faxing.
6. Access to your library account is available online. You can request items, renew items, or pay fines.
7. Individual and group study rooms are available. Sign up to reserve one up to a week in advance.
8. If you don’t see what you’re looking for on our shelves, ask a staff person. You have access to more than a million items, many of them free, through Summit, Inter-Library, and Electronic Resources.
9. A library is located at the Yamhill Valley campus, with all of the same services … plus, they check out sporting equipment and games for free.
10. Don’t forget to bring your Student ID card.
The Salem campus Library is located on the second floor of Bldg. 9 and offers extended and weekend hours. The times are 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday.